Saturday, August 13, 2016


I am breeding and training a TOTAL, balanced German Shepherd Dog; one that can demonstrate correct temperament through working tests and/or the sport of Schutzhund, one that has correct structure and is striking to behold.... These are GERMAN shepherds. Every country has their own interpretation of the Standard, but we follow the German standard. My goal is to breed dogs that can be shown in the SV style show ring and be a fun sport dog, a companion, and a dog that exemplifies the beauty and structural soundness of the breed, all at the same time. I breed dogs that are easy to live with, reliable, and can be easily trained, even by a novice. In short, this is a dog anyone should be happy to own. I closely adhere to the German program (as outlined by the SV and the FCI breed standard.) as a guideline for breeding & use V, VA, KKL1 (Class One) West German breeding stock to the extent possible.  I do not use dogs with the hip or elbow ratings of a3 (noch zugelassen), German translation "still acceptable" for breeding. You'll also notice that my dogs and those I use for breeding have ZW (breed value) numbers in the 70's.  (The lower the number the better hip production can be anticipated.)  I have learned over the years that many of the so called "top breeders" are often willing to compromise health and temperament for a top rating in the breed ring. Beauty and structure are important to me, but I don't choose that at the expense of good health and solid temperament.  I have many repeat clients, some even with 3 GSDs from me!  I am always willing to refer those interested in my dogs to a client in their area of the country as a reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment